Coronavirus restrictions in Tunbridge Wells
Our in venue wine courses and classes will resume when the current lockdown restrictions are lifted. We hope that this will be at some point in March but are planning for a re-opening of the wine school after Easter 2021. We will contact you directly by email if you have booked a wine tasting or class in January and February 2021 with options to move your booking to a new date or to receive a credit valid for two years.
In the meantime we have a great range of wine tastings, courses and WSET wine courses for you to enjoy virtually. You can see the choice of online tastings and courses and book your places here. Please support us by getting involved in these virtual tastings and courses. They are great fun and they will help you get through the lockdown!
When we do re-open we will run our tastings, classes and courses in groups of up to 14 people maximum in a Covid safe environment.
This is what to expect when you attend one our events.
- Hand Sanitiser will be available at all our events
- Enhanced hygiene measures in place
- Collection of or the lead person making the booking’s personal details which will be retained for 21 days after events to facilitate track & trace
- We will seat people together in their group, maximum of 6 people.
- We will assume that each booking made is in a family household or support bubble. If you need to socially distance within your group, please let us know.
- Places are limited to 14 perople per class, so we can ensure adequate 1m+ social distancing in place between different groups
- To reduce the shared handling of items all wines will be poured for guests
On the day of the event
- When you arrive at our venue please use a facemask and ask for Kent Wine School room at the hotel reception
- When in our wine tasting room facemasks may be removed
- Please follow (one way) signs as appropriate to our room
- Please bring personal water bottles and pens (and pencils if sitting a WSET exam)
- Tutors will wear face masks when closer than 2m to you - eg when pouring wine.
If you aren’t ready to join us yet – no problem – we are continuing our NEW programme of Online wine tastings & courses in your home with matched wines and food suggestions for the ultimate night in! We are also running Online WSET Level 1, 2 and 3 courses.
Your booking is safe with us, and should a venue need to close, we will ensure you don't lose out. You will be able to rebook at any time in the future with full confidence we will ready and waiting for you.
What happens if Covid restrictions change in Tunbridge Wells and you can no longer run the class or event?
If government restrictions change, for example should Tunbridge Wells enter Tier 2 or Tier 3, we will continue to be able to run educational classes for groups of over 6 people (no booking can be for a group larger than 6 people) as education is an exemption to the rules for Tiers 2 and 3 as it is for Tier 1. In the event that Hotel du Vin closes we will do our best to find an alternative venue. Should we be unable to run a class or course due to another national lockdown or a lack of suitable venue then we will in the first instance move the class or course online and offer you the chance to switch to the online class. A new date will also be set for a rescheduled in person class or course in the future and you will be given the chance to move your booking to the new date if you prefer this to an online class. Please ensure that you understand the cancellation policy of any transportation company you are using to travel to Tunbridge Wells for our events. Be mindful too of the cancellation policy of the hotel or B&B should you be booking accommodation in the area to coincide with our events. We understand that our customers often book transport and accommodation in advance and we will be flexible in helping you rearrange your booking for a future date if you have issues with transport or accommodation that affect your booking
My gift voucher is about to run out?
Our Tunbridge Wells events were postponed from mid-March to August and November 2020 and again in January and Fenbruary 2021. If you did not get enough opportunity to use a voucher during this time, simply email us when you have chosen a date and we will either re-activate your voucher or extend its validity.
Gift Vouchers are still a great idea!
Our Gift Vouchers carry some of the longest period of validity in the gift experience industry - they are valid for two years to allow your recipient plenty of time to choose a convenient date. The selection includes new 'Covid proof' gift vouchers for online courses and tastings.
We look forward to seeing you online and live soon.
Jonny and Victoria
Kent Wine School