Coronavirus Update - 7th July 2020
Here is an update for all of our customers to let you know how Kent Wine School is being affected by the Coronavirus pandemic and what this means for you and your bookings.
Following the government's updated advice on 23rd June allowing for the easing of lockdown restrictions for hotels and restaurants from 4th July provided that they follow Covid-19 guidelines, we have been talking to the management team at Hotel du Vin about our wine tatsing events and courses and how best to run them. We have decided to re-open the wine school for live tastings and courses at Hotel du Vin from 1st Sept 2020 with the following measures in place to help protect our customers, tutors and hotel staff:
1. Rooms will be cleaned before your event in line with Covid-19 government recommendations
2. Tasting glasses and mats and water glasses will be laid out by a member of staff wearing gloves
3. Wines will be pre-poured in your glasses
4. Rooms will be laid out with 1m plus space between each customer
5. You will be asked to use a hand sanitiser on arrival
6. You will be asked to access the room carefully and slowly in line with staff instructions
7. Customer toilets are available to use with Covid-19 guidelines
8. We will keep a record of the lead person booking each place at each wine tasting event
Note - we are running online tastings and courses in July, August and September if you would prefer to join us from your home and we will continue to offer online tastings and courses for the forseeable future. Online tastings and courses have proved to be popular and are great fun to be part of. You book a place per computer or device and we send you a link to a wine selection for you to buy so you can taste along with us. The sessions are all recorded for to review later.
If you have booked already
All individuals booked on any of our tastings or courses occurring between 17th March and 31st August 2020 have been contacted and have been offered the following:
- Free rebooking with no amendment fees; or
- Free cancellation and a credit equivalent to your original ticket price to be used as payment for future events. This credit is valid for two years.
- Please keep an eye on events list here. This is being regularly updated with new tastings for you to choose.
If you haven't booked yet
- Please do! We have new online WSET courses running and online evening tastings and courses live and ready to book..
- You can book on to our live events running from 1st Sept 2020 onwards at Hotel du Vin safe in the knowledge that the above will apply should we need to postpone any events due to further government advice
- If you're not sure what you'd like to book on to then please have a look at our range of gift vouchers, which are valid for 2 years
- If you have a gift voucher that is due to expiry during our closure, please email us and we'll extend it for you
WSET courses and WSG courses
We have online WSET Level 1, 2 and 3 in Wines courses ready for you to book. For live classroom courses we have all levels of WSET courses and WSG courses running from 1st September 2020 onwards ready to book on the website. We can post you your study manuals now so that you can get ahead with your reading and revision.
We are very much open for business at our home office ready to help you with any wine related or event booking queries you have and to help you transfer your bookings and receive credits for any postponed events. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01892 322066.
Thanks for your understanding and support.
We look forward to seeing you online and live soon.
Jonny and Victoria
Kent Wine School