8 Week Introduction to the World of Wine Course Tunbridge Wells
Join us on a jaunt around the globe on Tuesday evenings starting 30th Apr 2019 as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the Wonderful World of Wine then this is the course for you.
The World of Wine course runs weekly, but if you need to miss an evening you can easily pick it up when the course runs again or receive a credit against the cost of any of our other tasting or event. So don't worry if you are going on holiday or need to be away at any point!
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting over 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
- You will (hopefully) had a great time over eight fun evenings
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
Course fee structure: The course fee is £205. As a way of spreading out the cost, we ask for £125 payment on booking and then £10 in cash each evening. A great value and a saving on booking each night separately. This works out to approximately £25 per evening - usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 to £30 per evening.
Course Dates (all Tuesdays - if you can't make any, let us know and you can pick it up next time):
- 30th Apr - France: all the major regions + tasting skills, aormas, major grape varieties
- 7th May - Italy: the major wines + how wine is made
- 14th May - Spain & Portugal + the importance of climate and weather
- 21st May - Germany, Austria, UK + principles of wine and food pairing
- 28th May - Australia & New Zealand + understanding wine labels
- 4th Jun - Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
- 11th Jun - USA & South Africa + serving and storing wine
- 18th Jun - Sparkling & Sweet wines + end of course drink
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing by 9pm.
There is a digital presentation and a hand out sheet with each tasting and nibbles such as cheese, crackers and sliced salami are placed on the table for people to share.
Our venue for this course is Hotel du Vin, Tunbridge Wells. See our Venue page for more details.
Places remaining: 5
Course Date/Time: Tue 30th Apr 2019 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, Crescent Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LY