WSET Level 3 in Wines Award Tunbridge Wells
Mondays for 6 sessions starting Mon 28th Oct 2019
WSET Level 3 in Wines Award is an advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts. For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately, and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you'll learn
The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal still wines of the world, sparkling wines of the world and fortified wines of the world
How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products.
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual
It is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Not sure exactly what is covered in the Level 3 in Wines Course?
Click here to view the full Level 3 Course Specification (with Example Questions) Who is the course designed for?
- These are ideal for trade professionals and wine enthusiasts
- There are three x two hour classroom sessions each day, starting at 9.30am and finishing at 4:30pm with an hour break for lunch
- There are 5 full day sessions (30 classroom hours) and an exam session, spread out over 6 weeks. The final exam day is 11am - 5pm (revision clinic follwed by the exam from 2pm-5pm)
- WSET recommends at least 54 hours of home study in addition to the 30 hours of classroom sessions.
Course Outline (all Mondays)
- 28th Oct - Sessions 1,2,3 - Intro, tasting technique, natural and human factors with grape-growing & human factors with winemaking
- 4th Nov - Session 4,5,6 - Whites wines: Germany, Alsace, Austria, Tokaji, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux + Red / rose wines: Bordeaux, SW France, Loire
- 11th Nov - Session 7,8,9 - Red wines: Burgundy, Wines of Rhone, S France, Spain, Portugal, Northern Italy
- 18th Nov - Session 10,11,12 - Central & S Italy, Portugese reds, Premium New World reds and whites+ mock tasting paper
- 25th Nov - Session 13,14,15 - Regional new world wines, Sparkling Wines, Fortified Wines + mock short written answer question
- 2nd Dec - Session 6 - Exam Session
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- ISO professional tasting glasses provided at classroom sessions
- All tasting wines (approx 50 wines)
- All course tuition inc weekly homework and practice questions set by Kent Wine School
- Examination Papers (tasting and theory papers)
Course tutor: Jonny Gibson and Victoria Aldwinckle. With high pass rates our courses are thoroughly enjoyable but informative and educational. Kent Wine School is part of Local Wine School, winner of the acclaimed 2015 Riedel WSET Wine Educator of the Year award beatting over 600 other providers.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Mon 28th Oct 2019 at 9.30am - 4.30pm
Duration: 6 weeks
Venue: Hotel du Vin, Crescent Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LY