Saturday Introduction to Wine inc lunch
Saturday courses are perfect for people how want to learn about wine over a relaxed day course with lunch. We cover a lot but the pace is relaxed and fun.
Why not make a weekend of it and book a room at the hotel?
11am to 4 pm - including champagne & delicious two course lunch at the Hotel du Vin Tunbridge Wells
- · Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- · New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- · Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- · Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- · How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- · How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- · Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- · Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines inc champagne
- · The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- · Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
This course can be purchased as a Gift Voucher - a great gift for birthdays or other special occasions!
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 10th Oct 2020 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, Crescent Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LY