ONLINE Course WSET Level 1 in Wines
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wine is the ideal starting point for the novice wine enthusiast, or anyone starting a career in wine or hospitality. WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
This course is delivered online over three weeks with a minimum of 12 hours total study (including LIVE virtual lessons taught by a certified WSET Educator) recommended to successfully complete the course. Regular internet access and participation is essential.
The Level 1 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers with LIVE lessons delivered online by a dedicated educator.
What’s Covered on the Course:
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- Online tasting of six wines with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples)
- How to store and serve wine
No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English, therefore basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
- Mon 11th Jan 2021 at 5pm: Registration Deadline to allow enough time to post your study pack to you. You can book after this date but we cannot guarantee that you will receive your pack in time.
- Thurs 14th Jan 2021 at 2pm – 3:30pm: 1st LIVE virtual classroom session
- Thurs 21st Jan 2021 at 2pm – 3:30pm: 2nd LIVE virtual classroom session
- Thurs 28th Jan 2021 at 2pm – 3:30pm: 3rd LIVE virtual classroom session
- Exam: To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass an exam. The exam that is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
- You may either take the exam IN PERSON in Tunbridge Wells on a date to be agreed or you can sit the exam online at home on a set date using WSET's Remote Invigilation service. There is an extra £25 fee for this service and you can buy this here.
NOTE: All live virtual sessions will be recorded, so if you are unable to attend one of the sessions above as planned, you can revisit the lesson in your own time.
- The course will have 3 LIVE virtual taught lessons with a Kent Wine School tutor. These lesson times are reflected above in the course schedule.
- Enrolled students will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course.
- Students will need to select a date to attend the course exam in person at Kent Wine School. All students will be provided a full list of possible exam dates to choose from with dates currently available through to Winter 2021.
The Course Fee of £115 Includes:
- Course study guide (posted to students)
- Access to LIVE virtual taught lessons taught by a Kent Wine School WSET Certified Tutor
- Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions
- Professional WSET tuition
- Examination fees (in person - £25 extra for online exam)
- Internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the in-person exam
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the listed course fee. The course tutor will send through the recommended wine styles for students to obtain and sample as part of this course. Kent Wine School has hand-selected a specially discounted tasting case of 6 wines that can be purchased as an Add-On to the course fee for £53 inc FREE UK mainland delivery. You can buy the case at this link. Please allow 3-4 working days from order for home delivery.
Special Educational Needs: please make the wine school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
VAT Receipt available on request - simply email us after your purchase.
Places remaining: 9
Course Date/Time: Thu 14th Jan 2021 at 2pm - 3.30pm
Duration: 3 consecutive weeks