ONLINE Introduction to wine and wine tasting
Introduction to wine and wine tasting with Victoria
How about starting at the beginning? With 1,400 grape varieties in commercial production and our shelves full of wines from all over the world wine can be a little overwhelming and confusing.
This fun short wine course spread over three evening tastings will introduce you to wine and wine tasting by looking at some key wine styles and grape varieties.
We will guide you through:
- what is wine
- how do I enjoy and evaluate what is in my glass
- how do aIwork out which wine styles I like
- how to serve and store wine
- wien and food pairing ideas
Live wine tastings over three evenings. We will also be tasting two wines per tasting.
- Three online virtual wine tastings each lasting around 45 mins
- Chance to interact with the tutor as you taste and to ask questions
- An optional 6 bottle case of wines to taste along with
- Recording of each live session plus a pdf of the slides
** When you book your place we will email you with joining instructions and a link for you to purchase the 6 bottle taster case. Please order the wine by Wed 1st July in order to get the case delivered in time. **
- New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc
- French Chardonnay
- French rose wine
- Red Bordeaux
- Australian Shiraz
COURSE DATES (Each of the 3 sessions begins at 7pm and will last approx 45 minutes):
- Wednesday 8th July 2020
- Wednesday 15th July 2020
- Wednesday 22nd July 2020
£35 for ALL 3 online sessions
The optional taster case contains 6 x full sized 75cl bottles (2 white, 1 rose and 3 red wines) at a discounted price of £61 inc VAT.
Delivery is £9.99 inc VAT. You don't have to drink all of the bottle for the three wines we taste each session of course. A simple wine preservation device like a vacuum or blanket system will keep your wine fresh for a day or two more.
As this is a live online tasting only one place needs to be booked per computer or tablet.
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Wed 8th Jul 2020 at 7pm-7.45pm
Duration: 45 mins