ONLINE COURSE WSET Level 2 in Wines
This beginner to intermediate level qualification course provides a fantastic and structured exploration into the world of wines and is suitable for both industry professionals and wine enthusiasts alike. Individuals on this course will gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world and the styles of wine they produce around the world. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence. WSET Level 2 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
This course is delivered LIVE online by a certified WSET Educator over eight weeks with a minimum of 36 hours total study (including 16 hours of LIVE virtual lessons) recommended to successfully complete the course. Home study each week after your live lesson is essential.
The Level 2 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers with LIVE lessons delivered by a WSET certified educator. You get to interact with your tutor live on screen at each session and there is email and phone support available for revision guidance as well as practice questions.
What’s Covered on the Course:
Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
The style and quality of wines made from 22 regionally important grape varieties produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
Principles of food and wine pairing
This course is ideal for complete beginners - no prior knowledge is required and you don't have to have completed any other qualification to enrol. If you are completely new to the world of wine, you may wish to study the Level 1 Award in Wines first, but this is not essential.
The course is delivered online and in English therefore basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
A course study pack will be posted to you upon booking for this course (your preferred postal address will be confirmed before materials are posted out). It is highly recommended that the course textbook is read prior to the start of the course if possible.
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
- Mon 29th June 2020 at 5pm: Registration Deadline to allow time to order the case and receive the study pack. You can book after this date but we cannot guarantee to get the pack to you in time.
- Fri 3rd July 2020 at 2pm – 4:00pm: 1st LIVE virtual classroom session
- Fri 10th July 2020 at 2pm – 4:00pm: 2nd LIVE virtual classroom session
- Fri 17th July 2020 at 2pm – 4:00pm: 3rd LIVE virtual classroom session
- Fri 24th July 2020 at 2pm – 4:00pm: 4th LIVE virtual classroom session
- Fri 31st July 2020 at 2pm – 4:00pm: 5th LIVE virtual classroom session
- Fri 7th Aug 2020 at 2pm – 4:00pm: 6th LIVE virtual classroom session
- Fri 14th Aug 2020 at 2pm – 4:00pm: 7th LIVE virtual classroom session
- Fri 21st Aug 2020 at 2pm – 4:00pm: 8th LIVE virtual classroom session
Exam: To obtain the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass an exam that is made up of 50 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 1 hour. You must answer at least 55% correctly to pass the exam. You may either take the exam IN PERSON in Tunbridge Wells or Brighton at a date to be agreed or you can sit the exam online at home on a set date using WSET's Remote Invigilation service (extra £25 fee). Please contact us for more details about this as there are some minimum system requirements.
NOTE: All live virtual sessions will be recorded, so if you are unable to attend one of the sessions above as planned, you can revisit the lesson in your own time.
- The course will have 8 LIVE virtual taught lessons with a Kent Wine School tutor. These lesson times are reflected above in the course schedule.
- Enrolled students will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions
- Students will need to sit the online exam on a future date with WSET using remote invigilation. We will help you arrange this.
The Course Fee of £295 Includes:
- Course study pack (posted to students)
- Access to LIVE virtual taught lessons taught by a Kent Wine School WSET Certified Tutor
- Exclusive access to practive revision questions
- Professional WSET tuition
- Examination fees (in person within fee or online using WSET's Remote Invigilation service for £25 extra)
- Internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the online exam
It is recommended that at least 12 wines are tasted as part of this course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the listed course fee.
Kent Wine School has hand-selected a specially discounted tasting case of 12 wines that can be purchased as an Add-On to the course fee for £119.80 inc FREE UK Mainland delivery.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
VAT Receipt available on request - simply email us after your purchase.
Places remaining: 3
Course Date/Time: Fri 3rd Jul 2020 at 2pm - 4pm
Duration: 8 consecutive weeks