Introduction to wine and wine tasting
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Kent Wine School, then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. We will taste six wines and provide many pointers to enhance your appreciation of wine.
By the end of the evening you will have learned:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate and weather on wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- Some principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with more confidence: we discuss how to interpret wine labels
All tastings include: Six wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, use of professional tastings glasses and nibbles.
"Just attended my first wine tasting at Kent Wine School - it was great - delicious wines, loads of hints & tips on what to buy - not at all intimidating for the first-timer."
Chris, Tunbridge Wells
This tasting is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment. Many people who come to this tasting then book onto the 8 Week World of Wine course.
This evening makes a great present and can be bought as Gift Voucher for just £25.
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Thu 5th Mar 2020 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, Crescent Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LY