ONLINE 2 Week West Coast USA
Join us for a virtual 2 week course focussing on the wines of the West Coast USA. Over two Friday evenings, we’ll select 6 superb wines that will being the wine styles of California, Oregon and Washington State to life.
We’ll explore the history, terroir and wine styles of these west coast wine areas. You'lll get a sense for what is happening on the ground and future trends to look out for. We will lead you through a professional presentation and a tutored tasting of the three wines, and send you the specific food pairings so that you can prepare simple dishes in advance, and taste them live with us!
It’s a great way to enjoy a foodie night in with great wines to match the dishes, discover new wines and regions; learn a huge amount and – most importantly – have a wonderfully relaxed, fun and informal food & wine experience.
Tutors: Jonny and Victoria
What is included:
- A 60 min presentation via a link with great images, photos, video links
- Food & wine pairing ideas specific to each wine so you can eat along with the wines
We have put together an optional taster case of six wines (full size bottles) so that you can taste along with us. This is an extra cost - see Price section below.
We taste three wines per evening.
- Stedt Wines Embody Pinot Gris 2017 £19.80
- Omero Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 2016 £29.50
- Chateau Ste Michelle Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2016 £16.95
- Bogle Chardonnay 2019 £14.75
- MacMurray Estate Vineyards Central Coast Pinot Noir 2016 £22.00
- Bogle Vineyards Old Vine Zinfandel 2017 £16.95
You can buy this for £108 inc UK delivery at this link. Please make sure you enter the voucher code as prompted and leave 3-4 days for delivery to arrive.
COURSE DATES (Each of the 2 sessions begins at 7pm and will last approx 60 minutes):
- Friday 19th Feb 2021 Oregon and Washington State
- Friday 26th Feb 2021 California
£30 for BOTH online sessions
Simply book your spaces if you want to participate and we'll send you joining instructions for the online tasting. We are using Clickmeeting which has been working very well for our online tastings since April. No software download needed.
As this is a virtual tasting the access is for one computer screen or mobile device or tablet.
You will be opening 3 bottles for the event and we will send wine preservation instructions so you can continue to enjoy them over the following days.
No previous wine tasting experience required - just come and join in the fun and develop your knowledge and tasting skills.
See you in the online classroom!
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Fri 19th Feb 2021 at 7pm-8pm
Duration: 1 hour